Monday, April 22, 2013

chan-mimi xari: Welcome

The Circle would like to welcome chan-mimi xari.

c-m contact me a few weeks ago after reading some of my stories. I explained to her that one way I gather material is through this RPG in which we write our fantasy assignments and the other members respond as they either act out or fantasize about acting out their roles.

New members are generally asked to propose names to me (as punana, anne, thi-ca-chi) from which I choose one. They then establish an email account and a FB page, then return here to document their adventures.

chan-mimi xari, I'm told, translates to "I am nothing". Several of the other names she suggested had a similar feel, so I chose this one. It also seemed fitting as it translates from Chinese and we recently lost thi-ca-chi, another Asian language name. I also found it interesting that chan-mim can be abbreviated c-m, a pleasant reference to why we're all here.

Please welcome chan-mimi xari to the group.


1 comment: